Depo shot side effects

Patient

Q: Hello im hoping that you could help me I'm on the depo shot for about 2 months now and I took a period very heavily I got really bad cramps and part of my uterus lining came out in my period called chunky period ... I was really worried on what was happening I have another month left before I go on the implant ...now I'm just spotting ... I'm wondering if its still safe to have sex or is the injection wearing off making me fertile ... As I don't want to take the risk
I also want to know if this is normal while on the depo shot

Doctor