Depo vs implant

Q: So I've been on the Depo shot for 4 years now, I'm only 17 my mom wanted to start me young as it was what she was on. In the course of that time I've had significant weight gain, depression, I've been lethargic, moody, and I have frequent illness and soreness. I didn't think they were related to the Depo until my mother got off of it and expressed how much better she felt. Ever since, I've looked into Depo and have seen people get loss of fertility, cancer, bone marrow loss, and several other big long term issues which only raised my concerns more. I want to switch my birth control method.

What i like about depo: 3 months between, I have a terrible memory. No period. High effectiveness, and after the shot, no worries

So how does an implant birth control such as implanon compare? Help me out here