Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Deposit pro era making me bleed

Deposit pro era making me bleed

Patient: I was recently put on the depo shot for my periods, and sexual activity. I recently just had se. And now I’m bleeding really heavy… I’ve talked to my older sister and she told me my body is just trying to get used too the shot. And it’s still trying to get used to my boyfriend… I need help

Symptoms: Bleeding

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Depo shot can present with side effects like intermenstrual sp otting, irregular periods etc.It will take some time for regularization of menstrual cycles.Now to control the bleeding you can go for antifibrinolytic drugs or additional hormones with your doctor’s advice.Usually, function of depo is not dependent on the male partner.Possibly your cycles may regularize soon.Take care.