Depressed ?

Patient

Q: Please Help! I think I might be depressed ? I need some advice , help or just your opinion.?

For quite some time now I've had this idea that I'm depressed .
I don't know why and I haven't told anyone because I'm afraid they'll just laugh at me and tell me I'm being stupid and that I've no reason to be depressed.
I'm 18 and for as long as I can remember I've spent most my time feeling low. I know I would never harm myself but thoughts about doing it have for the past number of years been in my head .
I haven't had any major traumas, family issues bullying etc . So I do not understand why I feel like this?
My family have cast me off for the past 5-6 years as being a moody sour individual .
I have never had anyone to express this to but I always tried to keep a strong front and not let anyone know how I've been feeling inside.
Lately however I've gotten worse . Almost every night I cry in bed . I am very short tempered and snap at people over little things or no reason at all . I have no motivation towards my studies or anything for that matter. I have found that I am distancing myself from friends and quite often burst into tears for no reason.
I have always and still try to avert the attention off me in the hopes that no one will notice- This has worked.
I tend to comfort eat and this in turn leads to low self esteem and lack of self worth which doesn't help.
I get constant headaches at least one every day and have no energy whatsoever .
I feel guilty for feeling this way and that upsets me.
I feel worthless and unimportant .
I fail to do my best because I have no motivation to do anything.
I do not feel I have the courage to talk to a doctor because I think they will simply dismiss it as teenage hormones and school stress .

I don't want to be depressed and I do not know if I am ?

Doctor