DEPRESSED STATE OF MIND

Patient

Q: Hello Dr.
My name is Sunny. Age 32. I am suffering from depression and OCD from last 10-12 years. but I was not aware of the problem or I didnt know that i need some treatment. So I was late in getting the treatment. Earlier i started with alopathy but that increased my sleep too much so then i shifted to auyrvedic and homeopathy but the results and effects were temporary. As such I am taking the following medicines at present:
Serenance .75MG/day {Containing Haloperidol tablets}
Paxidep CR 100 mg/day {Containing Paroxetine Controlled Release tabelts}
Duzela 60mg/day {Containing Duloxetine Hydrochloride Delayed Release Capsules}

Are theses dosages ok?
I am felling better than before but the fell I used to get on the starting days I dont feel that thing with the medicine on the 10 or 15th day why is that? Is it coz body statrs to absorb the medicine?
I am feeling low sex drive since taking the medicine as there is no interest even in thinking about sexual activities. Is it ok ? I am worried as the doctor has said I have to take the medicine for long period of time for years to come. So how will this effect my sexual life?

Symptoms:  NO INTEEREST IN SEXUAL ACTIVITIES , LOW SEX DRIVE.
Doctor

A:   Hello
Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.

Rest of the doses are fine, but paroxetine CR 100mg is a bit too high. Moreover, the sexual problems that you are having could be due to the side-effect of the medicines or it could be due to the depression. The better medicines for OCD are sertraline, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine and clomipramine and these should be tried initially.
Moreover, if you are not tolerating these medicines then cognitive behavioural therapy could be a good option. Cognitive behavioural therapy is a specialized counselling therapy. This involves a detailed assessment of the thought process of the person and identifies all the cognitive distortions which are leading to depression and OCD. These cognitive distortions are then modified leading to a tremendous change in the way a person thinks. Ones a thought process is altered, it leads to a change in the way a person feels or behaves. It's supposed to be as effective as medicines and can be used for depression and OCD.

Hope this helps.
Wish you a good health.