Ask The Doctor > Pending > Depression and anxiety is frustrating me

Depression and anxiety is frustrating me

Patient: I have been facing sadness and anxiety for a couple of years now. I have had a difficult childhood, and I feel so low at times, at various intervals. I am almost always sad while being alone, but even when I’m with friends or family, sometimes i feel completely distracted and out of this world with a great feeling of sadness and a strong desire to be alone (not always, but sometimes). I feel anxious and restless for at-least half of the day, and I’m totally insecure and sensitive in my relationship with my girlfriend. It’s highly effecting my life for a while now, and its frustrating me. I have knowledge of Citalopram’s effectiveness in treating my condition (I’m in my final year of Pharm-D course). Any suggestions?

Symptoms: Depression , anxiety, restlessness, insecurity, sadness.

Doctor: