Depression and social drinking.

Patient : I'm on 25mg of zoloft, which i take in the morning. I've been on it since saturday and have taken anti depressant meds before... can i drink this saturday night if I'm safe about it (as always)?
Symptoms:  Worry about zoloft side effects
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query. Ideally its advisable to refrain from drinking alcoho l while you are on treatment of zoloft. However you dont expect any major trouble even if you take alcohol while on zoloft. Expect some excess sedation, but not much of an issue. Many of my patients take alcohol over zoloft cause they say, they cannot control taking their alcohol. Hope this helps, Wish you a good health.