Depression management

Q: Feeling badly depressed have new doctor doesn't believe in anti deps wants me to talk to counsellor its not in me to talk and I'm so unhappy its affecting every part of my life what can I do

Symptoms:  Constantly crying tired no energy

A:   Hello
Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.

The doctor can just give you options and it's you who has to decide which treatment is right for you. If you feel that you are not content with the talk therapy then you can always suggest to your Doctor and get the medicines on. This condition can be corrected with the help of medicines such as fluoxetine, Mirtazapine or Venlafaxine. These medicines start showing improvement in 2-3 weeks and the illness requires a treatment of 6-8 months. During this period, try to do regular exercise and eat healthy food and try inculcating some hobby.
Do meet your Doctor and discuss this issue.

Hope this helps,
Wish you a good health.