Depression needs kicking to save relationship

Patient : Hi I'm 19 and have had depression for about 8-9 years now. I have been on meds in the past but they counteracted my controception so im not on any antidepressiants anymore and I've found its really starting to cause problems with myself and my partner. He doesn't understand why I am this way and ive tried explaining but it hasn't worked. Is there any way i can kick my depression for good or keep it undercontrol with out affecting my implant???
Doctor :   You need to discuss with your doctor regarding all possible medication options for treating depression with minimal side effects in your case. Usually significant side effects are not common with concomitant use of anti depressants and contraceptive implants. However, another option would be to resume your treatment for depression and use alternative methods of contraception to avoid adverse effects on health and relationship.