Depression : symptoms and management

Patient : How would i know if i have depression? and what should i do about it?
Doctor :   Depression is a condition which occurs due to imbalance of various chemical substances in our body. The signs of depress ion may be as follows 1) Low mood 2) Presence of guilt. 3)decreased appetite 4) Decreased sleep with early morning awakening or increased sleep 5) loss of interest in activities that usually used to interest individual 6)Low energy, pyshcomotor retardation ( slowing of physical movements and mental thinking process) 7) Decreased concentration, sucide ideations etc Depression is a curable condition and one may need pyshcotherapy along with medication, relaxation therapy and counselling. I advice you to see your GP if you are having the above mentioned symptoms.All the best.