Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Depression tablet change

Depression tablet change

Patient: 4weeks ago I stopped taking paroxetine and started taking fluoxetine these 4weeks I’ve experiencedDizziness ,tiredness and low feelings but worst of all bad heads round the forehead area and a just don’t care feeling is this normal

Symptoms: Bad heads low feeling

Doctor: HelloThanks for using “Ask The Doctor” for posting your query.Dizziness, low feeling, tiredness all point towards the recurrence of depression symptoms. If you have been on fluoxetine for 4 weeks and the symptoms are still significant then it would be wise to get the medicine switched. The other options you may consider are venlafaxine or mirtazapine or desvenlafaxine or bupropion etc. You may also consider augmenting your treatment with lithium or olanzapine or quetiapine or thyroid considering that it is a resistant depression.Do meet your doctor and discuss these options.Hope this helps.Wish you a good health.