Dermatology- Minor Cut Healing

Patient

Q: Hi: 7 days ago I got a small cut along my upper buttock. It bled slightly. I cleaned it and applied neosporin and bandaged it. I rebandaged and put neosporin on it twice a day the past week. The redness has mostly gone away, but there is localized itching along the bandage and cut line. The past few days along the cut line it is white in color. There has been no discharge.

The itching gets better when I reappy the neosporin and bandage. Should I keep the cut covered with neosporin until completely healed? doesnt itch? SHould I consider oral antibiotics? Thanks! Dan

Doctor