Dermoid cyst removal on the right ovary

Patient: Dear Doctor,I had a large dermoid cyst removed from my right ovary about a month and a half ago. I recovered quickly and went back to work. Recently I have been experiencing pain and pressure in my pelvic area on the right side. Is it normal to be experiencing these symptoms so long after the surgery?

Symptoms: pain and pressure in the right pelvic area

Doctor:

Patient: I called my OBGYN yesterday and they told me to keep an eye on it and to call if it gets worse. When I woke up this morning it is much worse. I cannot afford to take off work to go until Fri and it is only Wed. Do these symptoms sound emergent? Again, I really cannot afford to take time off and I work all day during their normal business hours. I have 6 hours before I have to be at work and I am hoping the symptoms will decrease and I can just call the office Fri. I am a little worried. If I may ask, a quick response would be very helpful.