Detecting Pregnancy

Patient

Q: Can a full blood screen detect pregnancy? I have recently seen my doctor for certain discomforts and she ran a full blood screen on me. I am still waiting for the results, but I am curious if I should do another blood test later when I want to know if I am pregnant or not. Also, when is the earliest time I can run a blood test for pregnancy? The first day of my period this month is on the 4th of June.

Doctor

A:   A full blood check up generally does not include a pregnancy test unless your doctor specifically asked for it. The earliest you can detect a pregnancy by a home pregnancy kit is on the day of your expected period or a day prior to that. Blood tests testing for the human chorionic gonadotropin (hcg) hormone secreted by the growing baby are able to detect hcg in the blood a couple of days earlier than the urine tests. However it is recommended that you atleast wait till the day of your period to avoid stress due to falsely negative reports.

Guest: I want to ask patient age 27 blood report shows normochromic leucocytisis remedy. Plz