Determining Pregnancy with irregular periods

Q: I have had irregular periods in the past. The gap ranging from a month to 3 months approximately. The first day of my last period was approx on 25th Oct'2013. I did a hpt in first week of jan and got a negative. On 1st Feb I got positive with around 5 weeks pregnant. How can I determine what week is currently going on? Should I get a blood test done? an ultrasound? Is it safe to get an ultrasound done at this stage, since I dont know the exact week? Please help!!

Symptoms:  Nausea, frequent urination, headache, minor cramps, fatigue