Ask The Doctor > Pending > Detox from Alcohol or Bigger Problem?

Detox from Alcohol or Bigger Problem?

Patient: Hi, I am a 22 yr old female. I used to drink liquor very heavily for 3 years. I am now a month sober from alcohol. I fully expected to have a few of these symptoms as I was detoxing. I am however still currently suffering from pale skin, lightheadedness, dizziness, unintentional weight loss, loss of appetite, muscle weakness, pain from bowel movements, diarrhea, blood in stool, and nausea. Am I still detoxing from alcohol or is there a deeper problem? I have a doctors appointment to get some blood work done, but I was a little worried as to what is wrong with me that I needed to get a quick answer. Do you know what might be wrong with me and what I should do in the time being?

Symptoms: Symptoms : pale skin, lightheadedness, dizziness, unintentional weight loss, loss of appetite, muscle weakness, pain from bowel movements, diarrhea, blood in stool, and nausea.

Doctor: