Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Detoxing while breastfeeding? Safe?

Detoxing while breastfeeding? Safe?

Patient: I am wanting to drink this detox tea and on the back it says to consult a doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. I am currently breastfeed a 7 month old and wanted to know if it was safe? The ingredients are Holy Thistle, Persimmon leaves, Malva leaves, Marsh Mallow leaves, Blessed Thistle, Papaya, Ginger, Chamomile, and Myrrh. It is called Iaso Tea. Thank you!

Symptoms: None

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.There are no sufficient studies regarding the benefits of det ox tea during breastfeeding and also to rule out the risks for the baby.As the detox agents are mainly meant to boost up the liver and kidney function and in improving general health, better to use natural products like fruits and vegetables which can also do the same thing.Hope this helps.Take care