Deviated septum & snoring

Q: I snore terribly. It is very loud and quite embarrassing. What can I do to stop it? Could that be a sign of a deviated septum? Sleep apnea?

Symptoms:  Snoring. When using a nasal rinse, similar to a netty pot, going through one of the nostrils goes into my throat and a little into the other nostril.

A:   Thank you for your question. Load snoring could be a sign of sleep apnea. In order to determine if this is the case, you will need to consult your doctor to have your throat examined as well as conduct a sleep study to determine if you are indeed having sleep apnea. Your snoring my be easily treated by wearing a custom fitted mouth gaurd which keeps you from snoring. Please follow up with your doctor.

Thank you for consulting