DHT (dihydrotestosterone) is little low. Should I worry?

Patient

Q: I was feeling erectile dysfunction at some times. Other times I was fine. my doctor asked me for TSH and DHT (dihydrotestosterone) test. The TSH is fine but DHT (dihydrotestosterone) is 0,29 ng/mL instead of 0,33 ng/mL. Is it too low? Can it be a reason for infertility? I am recently married and 34 years old. I am an accountant and continuously under work pressure. can stress be the reason for it? Kindly guide me.

Symptoms:  Erectile Dysfunction, Pressure, Stress
Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

You have intermittent erectile dysfunction and it is normal at some times. This indicates the role of stress and continuous work pressure as the most probable cause.
It is good that the TSH is normal and DHT is jut at the lower limits of the normal range. Hence does not look to be of a major problems.
It is very important for you to consult an Endocrinologist as the balance between all the hormone play a major role in the functioning of the body, mind and soul.
The cause of the infertility can be deciphered only after you have done the semen analysis.

I hope Endocrinologist will guide you the best.