Diabetes

Patient

Q: My son is 14 and is a type 1 diabetic. My question is lets say there are two diabetics

A has a A1C value of 7.0 and this means that he has been controlling his insulin to his sugar pretty well. He does eat processed foods often though as in cans of soup and the dry foods that are heated in microwaves and eats hamburgers from McDonalds but again he still keeps good control of his sugars.

B has an A1C of 9.0 and does not always check his sugars and doesnt bolus his insulin as well. He does eat good food that has been cooked each night. Not sodium processed foods like patient A.

Is this possible that patient A can have good A1C values even though he eats processed can foods with lots of sodium and too much McDonalds foods?

Thank you.

Petyr

Doctor