x
Browse
183 Physicians Online

Question:

Diabetes and blood sugar levels

Do people with type 2 diabetes consistently have elevated blood sugar levels after taking a blood test and 2-hour glucose tolerance test?

Answer:

Diabetes Mellitus type 2 is characterised by significantly elavated blood glucose either Fasting or random blood glucose and after a 2 hour glucose tolerance test. Unless you are given medication or insulin for the same or undertake lifestyle modifications these levels will remain consistently high and this is potentially dangerous and not advised. If you do have an elavated blood sugar level and have been diagnosed you should consult your family physician for further medication. Also if you are already on medication for DM and still have high levels of blood glucose it is an indication of poorly controlled diabetes and your medication may either need to be increased or changed. All the best.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA