Diabetes and the criteria for diagnosing.

Q: I went to the emergency room and got diagnosed with type diabetes i was in the for three days the symthoms i had was frequent urine and blurry vision i was sent home with insulin and medformin i was instructed to to take 25 units at night. I i dont have insurance so i didnt pick up the insulin on the first day but my blood sugar is normal now its been between 70 to to 109 and i never took any meds. Could i have been missed diagnosed ?

A:   If you havent taken any meds ie the insulin or the metformin and now your blood sugar is normal I would advise you to get a random as well as fasting blood sugar level checked and if necessary carry out a glucose challenge test. Please consult your family physician in person for these tests. All the best.