Diabetes - Drugs Vs Insulin??

Patient

Q: Can someone male age 34 with diabetes switch to insulin from taking tablets for diabetes.which is better insulin injection or taking tablets?

Doctor

A:   He could switch insulin, but all factors related to the disease control like the group of medications you are on, diet, exercise, any disease complications, age, health etc. need to be considered, as each individual needs to be treated differently depending on the reaction of their body to the treatment.
Insulin injections are considered as the classical form of treatment. They provide better control and reduce frequent fluctuations of the sugar levels. Taking injections may be annoying and painful for some people at first but slowly one adjusts to this, and also it keeps you free from gastric side effects like stomach upset, nausea etc. that comes with the oral medications. Tablets can be more convenient and now with the newer drug groups which increase the insulin sensitivity and insulin secretion, decrease absorption of glucose and also reduce appetite along with weight reduction. Insulin is usually given as the next line of treatment after the tablets, and is still considered better in terms of decreased diabetic complications like heart, kidney and eye problems.So in fact choosing the option that best meet the needs of an individual is considered best for that individual. Your doctor is the best person to guide you through the treatment.

He could switch insulin, but all factors related to the disease control like the group of medications you are on, diet, exercise, any disease complications, age, health etc. need to be considered, as each individual needs to be treated differently depending on the reaction of their body to the treatment.
Insulin injections are considered as the classical form of treatment. They provide better control and reduce frequent fluctuations of the sugar levels. Taking injections may be annoying and painful for some people at first but slowly one adjusts to this, and also it keeps you free from gastric side effects like stomach upset, nausea etc. that comes with the oral medications. Tablets can be more convenient and now with the newer drug groups which increase the insulin sensitivity and insulin secretion, decrease absorption of glucose and also reduce appetite along with weight reduction. Insulin is usually given as the next line of treatment after the tablets, and is still considered better in terms of decreased diabetic complications like heart, kidney and eye problems.So in fact choosing the option that best meet the needs of an individual is considered better for that individual. Your doctor is the best person to guide you through the treatment.