Diabetes future complications

Patient: I want to ask about sugar patient, one of my friend has been suffering sugar problem from the last 4 year. her age is now only 19 yrs. i like to propose her as my life partner. so i want to know wether it will effect or not, in my futurelife(i mean in pregnency time)

Doctor: Your partner most likely has type I diabetes mellitus, if she was diagnosed with diabetes at age 15 years. Long term com plications may occur with diabetes, with affects on the major organs including heart, kidneys, eyes and blood vessels, and the presence of diabetes is a major risk factor for the development of cardiovascular disease in the future. The control of blood sugars is of paramount importance to prevent and minimise these future complications. During pregnancy diabetic patients usually require specialised care with a consultant obstetrician to tailor insulin regimens according to the nutritional requirements of both mother and baby, and to minimise the effects of diabetes and insulin replacement on the developing fetus, such as a large birth weight. I would advise consulting your family physician for further information..

Was this answer helpful?

View all posts