Diabetes in childre

Patient

Q: Hi, i am studying diseases in children in my childcare class and i was just wondering if i could ask you some questions on diabetes in children.
Q1. Is diabetes in children a common disease in todays society?
Q2. When a child has diabetes, does the disease stop you from doing the things you like?
Q3. If a child has diabetes does it affect you for your whole life?
Q4. If a child has diabetes does it mean they are at higher risk for other medical problems?
Q5. Are there medications to help the diabetes for children?
Q6. How can exercise help a child with diabetes?
Q7. What are warning signs or symptoms that the childs blood sugar is too high?
Q8. Are there any side effects of the medication that the child has to take? If so what are they?

Doctor