Diabetes with High Readings

Patient

Q: If someone has tried many oral Diabetes meds and they only work for a little while,but comes with a lot of belly troubles what would be the next step?

Doctor

A:   If you have already tried the available oral medications and they produce gastric problems, the next option for you is the injectable insulin. However you may try taking the oral medications with or immediately after food, to be able to tolerate these medications better. Also for the maximum control of your sugar level it is extermely important that you follow a diabetic diet and regular exercise regime along with the prescribed medications or insulin to control the disease progression and prevent development of its complications.

If you have already tried the available oral medications and they produce gastric problems, the next option for you is injectable insulin. However you may try taking the oral medications with or immediately after food, to be able to tolerate these medications. Also for the maximum control of your sugar level it is extermely important that you follow a diabetic diet and regular exercise regime along with the prescribed medications or insulin to control the disease progression and prevent development of its complications.