Diabetes-worry

Patient

Q: Hi! I'm a 17 year old male, with a bit of an issue. I worry a lot, and especially on health issues, and I thought maybe you could just answer a few questions?

Am I in danger of getting Diabetes t2?
I'm not overweight, and look like a normal 17 year-old. However, I stopped exercising on a regular basis a year ago. The problem is that I drink soft drinks (Coca-Cola) almost every day. Half a litre a day on average. Other than that, I have a slightly good diet. This has been going on for the last year and a half.

I've felt this chest discomfort, maybe since the beginning of August 2011. This can be a muscle injury, after some weightlifting-sessions, where I might have overestimated my strength and damaged something - but it's word that it doesn't go away. The discomfort is like a little "tingling" - and sometimes when I burst into laughter or other abrupt movements I feel like something is "stretching" or "bursting" kind of - and it terrifies me, more on the psychological level than the physical. Do you think this can be symptoms of Diabetes t2, or any other disease?

And, do you think I should contact my local doctor on this issue?

Doctor