Diabetic related yeast infections

Patient : My girlfriend is diabetic and as a result sometimes gets yeast infections. I understand this and she treats them if or when they occur according to her doctor's direction. We occasionally had unknowingly had intercourse while the infection was present. I now have an itchy rash on my buttocks and inner thighs that present like a "male" yeast infection. Is it possible to have any crossover affect from sexual contact during such an episode? I am not looking for blame, just a possible source and treatment and future preventative action.
Symptoms:  Itchy rash on buttocks
Doctor :   Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you. Definitely fungal infection can be transmitted from one person t o another through skin to skin contact or through fomites. The rash you have described seems to be fungal infection only. I prefer to give antifungals like fluconazole/terbinafine alongwith topical applicatuion of clotrimazole cream. You may take antihistaminics like levocetrizine for symptomatic relief. Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you prescription. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy.