Diabetic with an A1c of 5.7

Patient

Q: Hi, I am a secondary diabetic to pancreatitis caused by hypertriglyceridemia. I have been able to get my A1c down to 5.7, from 7.5. I've used diet and exercise, and lost 13 lbs. Was experiencing lows around 42 about once a week, but have found my glucose meter wasn't functioning properly and have reduced the lows to 1 per month. Is 5.7 for a diabetic's A1c too low? Thank you for your time.

Symptoms:  Diabetic, A1c of 5.7
Doctor

A:   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.
HbA1C reflects sugar control of past 3 months. It gives an average value of sugar levels maintained in past 3 months.
Your value reflects very good sugar control.
The range of glycated hemoglobin is same for all irrespective of being diabetic or non diabetic.
So you need not to worry. Keep it up.
Stay healthy.