Diagnosis and Treatment of Acne

Patient

Q: Hi this is my problem for long day. I got lot of acne in my face especially near to my nose.. I can't to control ..i don't know what is the actual cause of it...i need some quick diagnosis to solve this problem..

Doctor

A:   Acne vulgaris is a common skin disease characterized by open or closed comeddones, papules, pustules and nodules. It is caused by the plugging of pores in the skin resulting in accumulation of oil, dirt and bacteria. Though there are many factor in the pathogenesis of acne, genetics plays an important role. You are more likely to have acne if one of your parents had them.
Treatment is usually directed towards the pathogen causing acne (Propionibacterium acnes). Topical retinoids, oral or topical antibiotics, benzoyl peroxide are the mainstay of therapy. Isotretinoin is a systemic retinoid that is highly effective in the treatment of severe and scarring forms of acne. Diet therapy and exercise has been suggested. Data suggest that avoiding junk fatty foods greatly improved the general skin health.