Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Diagnosis and Treatment of Phimosis

Diagnosis and Treatment of Phimosis

Patient: Hi, i am 23 yrs old, and i can only pull back my foreskin up till my corona when im erect, and it hurts a bit when i try to pull it further. im facing this problem since a couple of years but i was ignoring it. now im seriously worried about it ’cause i had a talk about my problem with my friend and he told me i need circumcision. so im really afraid. please advice…. thanks in advance.

Doctor: Your symptoms are due to phimosis. Non surgical treatment of phimosis includes topical steroid creams and manual stretch hing of the foreskin. If conservative management fails, circumcision, slitting of the foreskin and preputioplasty are the next options.