Diagnosis of 5 MT head

Patient

Q: I am a nursing student in an orthopedic unit, and I have a patient admitted with a right foot diabetic ulcer. One of his diagnoses is 5 MT head, I have searched several sites and asked many staff on the unit, and no one has been able to explain what this means. Could you please explain what 5 MT head is please?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. We are not certain as to what the term '5 MT head' means. It could be a possible typo. Diabetic foot ulcers are commonly reported in the chart specifying the size (usually in millimetres - mm) and location, as well as the patients current risk factors for peripheral vascular disease (diabetes, coagulopathies, heart disease, etc.). We are sorry we cannot help you any further and we wish you the very best in your studies.

Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com