Diagnosis of ADHD/ADD

Patient : What is the best way to be diagnosed with ADHD/ADD?
Symptoms:  Forgetfulness, trouble focusing,
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for choosing "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query. Diagnosing a problem such as ADHD requir es careful history from you as well as your parents. The symptoms of attention deficit and hyperactiity have to be significant enough to create distress. YOu need to see your doctor along with your parents, and that would formally diagnose you as a case of ADHD/ADD. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. Wish you good health!