Diarrhea once in every 15 days

Patient

Q: Hi doctor, my wife has a diarrhea problem every 15 days. It suddenly starts in the morning and after taking medicines its lasts in a day. Not sure whats the root cause of it. It happens in 2 episodes every month. Could you please help

Symptoms:  Slight stomach pain
Doctor

There are many causes of diarrhea which is happening regularly. Infections of the gut, parasitic and bacterial, irritable bowels which is more common in women , anxiety related, inflammatory bowel disorders like Crohn's disease, malabsorption syndromes, gluten sensitivity, lactose intolerance and other systemic infections could be a cause .Your wife has to consult a doctor and get a few investigations also done. They include blood and urine tests, stool for ova and cysts, blood sugars, liver and kidney function tests. Changes in thyroid hormone may also cause diarrhea. After the reports and examination, the doctor will accordingly treat her. An ultrasound of the abdomen may also be necessary. Kindly ask her to drink plenty of water and avoid spicy food, include fresh fruits and vegetables and avoid processed food. Cut down on tea, coffee, and reduce stress as well.
Hope this helped.
Regards,