Diarrhea really liquidy

Patient

Q: I've had a cold for a week now. Slowly getting over it. Yesterday I had diarrhea. It started out yellow and then turned green. all liquid. today it was back to brown and now yellow again. I had a pain in my stomach on the left side yesterday. It is gone today. Other then using the washroom I feel fine. Can this just be from the cold?

Symptoms:  Diarrhea
Doctor

A:   Thank you for contacting ask the doctor. you may be suffering from a stomach infection / stomach flu. Please note that influenza virus is not responsible for this. There is a possibility of ingestion of a Virus, Bacteria or parasite leading to the irritation / infection of the intestine causing the diarrhea. I recommend a visit to a physician and getting a stool examination done to get to the exact causative agent. Treatment would be directed at treating the dehydration caused by the diarrhea - Using ORS solution / IV Fluids (Severe dehydration) , medications against the causative agent - antibiotics, antihelminthics, anti-amoebic etc.
Self treatment and medications should be avoided as they may lead to more harm than good. Hope this information was useful.