Did I take a pregnancy test too soon? Am I pregnant?

Patient : I'm 27 years old and recently lost son at 16wks back on October 4, 2014 and ever since then my fiance and I have been TTC. I've been pregnant a couple times before and each time I'm pregnant I always start spotting a week before my missed period. My last period was on March 23, 2015, I have 27 day cycle and I'm due for my next period on April 19, 2015. On Monday, April 13th I started spotting, it was very light and only a couple of drops. I was quite excited because this is one sign that I could possibly be pregnant again, of course super excited to find out if I am pregnant I rushed to the store on Monday and got the EPT pregnancy test but it came out negative. Could I still pregnant? Did I take the test to soon?
Symptoms:  Spotting, menstrual like cramps on April 13th 6 days before my period
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. I think you can try to get another pregnancy test after 7 days of the missed period. Thi s would be on the 20th April. If this test is also negative, then you can see a Gynecologist to get a serum hCG taste and a USG done to confirm the pregnancy. Hope this helps you.