Did I tear something in my knee?

Q: So a few days ago I fell off a horse. The first thing that hit was my knee, I think it was directly on the front right part of my right knee. I have had an issue with this knee in the past, but the doctor said it was probably just a SLIGHT tear in my meniscus.
It hurts now, a tiny bit of "lose feeling", it cracks a lot, and feels weird (some pain) not awful. I just want to know whats wrong. It will sometimes give out, but not often. Only a little swelling, and hurts to touch. but I have full front to back flection, not so much side to side.