Dieabatic problem

Patient: My father (63 years) is diabetic form last 12 years. His average sugar level is 130-180.From last 2-3 months he is feeling numbness in his hands while sleeping. Is it effect of long diabetes or something else? Please suggest me and what is the remedy for this problem?Thank youRegardsNirmal AggarwalCont. 98132-12320

Doctor: Hi and thanks for the query, I am very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today.Probably your fa ther has carpel tunnel syndrome, which is a complication of long standing diabetes. This condition is well managed by night splint, or injection at wrist or if required, by a minor surgery at wrist. I advice you that you should see a physician/rheumatologist as soon as possibleHope this helps and provides answers to your question.If you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to ask me againI wish you good health, take care