Diet drugs prior to surgery

Q: I am having breast augmentation surgery on March 13, I just was informed that I needed to stop taking Oxy Elite Pro which is a thermogenic 2 weeks prior to surgery. I asked a pharmacy tech and they said if I quit today I should be fine, just wanted to double check.

A:   Thank you for your question.

Oxy elite pro has been recalled on the demands of the US food and drug administration (FDA).

The dietary supplement has been linked to dozens of cases of acute liver failure and hepatitis, including one death and illnesses so severe that several patients required liver transplants.

If you are still on this supplement, please stop taking it immediately and see your doctor to have your liver enzymes (AST, ALT, Alk Phos) and liver function tests (Bilirubin, INR) done to rule out any liver injury.