x
83 Physicians Online

Question:

Diet for a sore throat?

What food should you avoid when you have sore throat? Also, what food SHOULD you eat when you have sore throat.

Answer:

You should avoid hard, crunchy, spicy and oily foods with sore throat. Also avoid very hot or very cold beverages and dry foods like cookies, toast, dry cereals etc. You should prefer soft, semi-solid and liquid foods like soups, milk, steamed vegetable, sandwich, pancakes, soft fruits, pasta dishes, eggs, meats with gravy, custard, pudding, jellos, flat soft drinks, milkshakes are a few to list.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.