Diet Plan for Ulcers

Patient

Q: Hello, Whats the diet plan for people with stomach ulcers? Things to eat and not to eat. Thanks

Doctor

A:   Gastric ulcer is a common problem. These are caused by bacterial infection (H. pylori) or due to medication (NSAIDS), and are not the result of diet or stress. Treatment of peptic ulcer begins with the eradication of H. pylori in infected individuals. Antisecretory therapy with H2 receptor blockers and proton pump inhibitors is the mainstay of therapy in uninfected patients. Medication that protect the lining of the stomach (sucralfate and pepto bismol) also protect against worsening of the gastric ulcer. Choosing a diet rich in vitamins, whole grains will benefit in faster healing of the ulcer. I hope the information helps.

Guest: but I don't know the exactly why ulcers comes out