Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Dietary supplement – Glucosulin …should i use it?

Dietary supplement – Glucosulin …should i use it?

Patient: What is the validity of using GLUCOSULIN? I am type-2 diabetic, age 45, 210lbs, 5’8″, African-American male. I currently am on Metformin. ER

Doctor: Glucosulin is a dietary supplement that claims to help in weight-loss. The ingredients are mulberry extract, konjac root , xanthum gum, chromium picolinate and sodium alginate. There is no supportive evidence that shows glucosulin to help in weight-loss. I would be cautious in using the drug. Following a healthy lifestyle, with adequate exercise and a healthy diet may be more beneficial in your case. Hope the information helps, take care.