Difference between ingrown toenail and paranychia ? Think it

Patient : Difference between ingrown toenail and paranychia ? Think it might be ingroen in great toe but not swollen , only skin on sides hurts feel like biting .
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your small and specific query. You want to know the difference between the two as mentioned: - Ingro wn toes nail means the lateral part of the nail is bent inwards and gets embedded into the mass of the toe. -Paranychia : In this condition the nails is normally placed but the infection is at the corner/edge f the nail. I hope this answers your query.