Difference between ingrown toenail and paranychia ? Think it

Patient

Q: Difference between ingrown toenail and paranychia ? Think it might be ingroen in great toe but not swollen , only skin on sides hurts feel like biting .

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your small and specific query.

You want to know the difference between the two as mentioned:
- Ingrown toes nail means the lateral part of the nail is bent inwards and gets embedded into the mass of the toe.
-Paranychia : In this condition the nails is normally placed but the infection is at the corner/edge f the nail.

I hope this answers your query.