Difficulty getting pregnant

Patient: Yes, I have a question. My boyfriend and I are both 22 years old and have been together for a little over 2 years. We have now been having unprotected sex the entire two years we have been together. My menstrual cycles are normal, I get a period every 24-27 days. I was on birth control but that was only for about 6 months when I was 18. My question is why haven’t I gotten pregnant yet? And also, is this considered out of the ordinary? Thank you.

Symptoms: No symptoms

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for writing to us.I can understand your concern.Equally, you are trying for pregnancy from last 2 yrs. and you have not conceived yet, you should confer with an infertility specialist.Get yourself examined by a Gynecologist and investigation performed to rule out the cause of infertility.Your boyfriend should go for semen analysis.You should go for hormonal profile, thyroid profile, ultrasound pelvis and HSG to rule out the cause.Hope this was useful.Good luck.