Difficulty urinating and pain in right side

Q: I have been having difficulty urinating for about a month. It doesn't happen every day and seems to be related to stress and not drinking enough. I have the urge to go but when I try, no urine comes out or very little. There is no pain when urinating. Today there was a pain in my right lower side, a sharp recurring pain, kind of on and off throughout the day.

I am female, 55 years old, taking bio-identical hormones - estrogen, estradial, and progesterone for about 5 months, as well as Inderal. I am otherwise healthy and no problems. I have a stressful job and work long hours. I haven't been exercising regularly recently and my job requires a lot of sitting.