Diphenhydramine / ZZZQuil

Q: I've always had trouble sleeping, so recently I got ZZZQuil and it was very helpful. Normally it takes me forever to fall asleep and once I do, I wake up a lot during the night. With ZZZQuil I get to sleep a lot faster and don't wake up nearly as much

So I've now been using it every night and was just wondering if there were any long term side affects to it. I've heard NyQuil can cause harm if taken too much because It has acetaminophen. All ZZZQuil contains is diphenhydramine, which from my research is just an anti-histamine. Are there any potential long term healthy affects from taking it every night and possibly more than the recommended dose?

Is "diphenhydramine" hard on your liver at all? Or is it harmful if taken everyday and/or more than recommended?