Diprofos Injection

Patient : I went to doctor with flu and possible sciatic nerve pain radiating done from the buttock. I was given diprofos injection. for what condition, flu or sciatic nerve was the diprofos possibly given?
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. Your diprofos injection contains a corticosteroid called Betamethasone. This is a medicatio n that is indicated for the treatment of inflammatory musculoskeletal conditions, and pain. It is likely this injection was was administered to you to treat the symptoms of your sciatica. AskTheDoctor.com wishes you a speedy recovery.