Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Diprovate Cream Discontinuation

Diprovate Cream Discontinuation

Patient: Hi DocI have been using diprovate plus (Betamethasone Dipropionate and Zinc Sulphate Cream) on my face since last 4 years.I am 20 now and tried to discontinue this cream several times but after 4-5 day my face get full of rashes and pimples.Consulted several dermatologists but that didn’t helped.

Symptoms: Rashes on face

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.Diprovate is a steroidal cream which makes the skin to glow and shine initially, bu t the skin gets addicted to it simultaneously.On withdrawal, various side effects appear like flare of pimples, pigmentation.I usually advise my patients to slowly taper the steroid by shifting to milder potency steroid and ultimately stop it completely.Along with oral antibiotics like doxycycline/tetracycline is also started.Topical benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin also help.Consult your Doctor and share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Take care.