Direct impact on shoulder from rugby causing injury

Q: About two weeks ago i was playing rugby when i had a direct impact on my right shoulder. I have dealt with bad pain but this was by far the worse. I couldn't move the shoulder at all for about a week. I can now do little things but anything that forces me to raise my shoulder above my head or across my body hurts. There is a bump on my shoulder from where i hit. The bump is located where the collar bone meets the shoulder. Do you think it could be a bad bruise or something more serious ?

A:   What concerns me is that you can't raise your shoulder above your head. There could be some damage to the shoulder or collar bone. I would definitely get an x-ray immediately as the injury could get worse if something is broken and it would need to be put in a cast. Hope this helps.