Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Discomfort In Right Testicle From 3 Days

Discomfort In Right Testicle From 3 Days

Patient: I have been experiencing discomfort in my right testicle for 3 days now. The testical appears to be slightly elevated or tilted upward. No pain, just a little discomfort. This started after masturbation. What could be the cause of this?And what treatment can I get as I do not have insurance or any money?

Doctor: Thank you for your question.Without a physical examination of the affected area we will not be able to provide with a de finitive diagnosis. However we can offer you some reasonable possibilities as to what could be happening here. One possibility is that you may have sustained some soft tissue damage to the testicle and scrotum. The testicle is surrounded by a muscle called the cremaster muscle which can become injured by blunt force trauma or even by excessive masturbation.We recommend that you monitor the area for any increase in your pain and refrain from masturbation for a few days, and if your discomfort increases suddenly, please see your doctor to be evaluated because this could be a medical emergency known as testicular torsion. Testicular torsion is a condition in which the testicle becomes tangled around the spermatic cord resulting in sudden onset, severe pain.Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com